Insurance InformationWhile I am not in network with any insurance companies, I am happy to give you a superbill, which you can submit to your insurance company in the event that they agree to pay for out-of-network benefits.
Helpful HintsI am not in network with any insurance carriers. I am however, happy to provide you with some helpful hints regarding insurance. I understand that therapy can be financially challenging, and you are entitled to receive reimbursement from your insurance carrier, if your policy allows, for mental health services.
Information about my practice: I am a direct payment practice. This means that you pay for each visit at the time of service, and I will provide you with an itemized statement that you may choose to submit to your insurance carrier. This statement is what most insurance carriers request in order to respond to your claim.
Questions to ask your insurance company regarding OUT OF NETWORK benefits:
- What services does the insurance cover? Individual, Couple, Conjoint, Family or Group
- What is my OUT OF NETWORK deductible? This may vary depending on the type of service you receive. (See #1)
- What is the percentage the insurance company will cover for each visit?
- What is the maximum number of visits they will cover a) yearly and b) lifetime for OUT OF NETWORK providers?
- Does my insurance year start each calendar year or policy year?
- Is preauthorization/precertification required in order to start services? If so, what is the precertification number? (If preauthorization is required and you do not comply, you are responsible for the total amount of the service).
- Is a special form needed to complete claims?
- How long will I be waiting for reimbursement?
- If they pay for group, will they also pay for individual and/or couple therapy?
- Make sure you get the specific address or fax number you need to submit your claims.
- Keep a separate folder for all your insurance documents. You may need to refer to it in the future.
Please feel free to ask questions or for help in filling out the forms.
First Session: $200
Subsequent Sessions: $170
Sessions last between 45-50 minutes